李文昊提示您:看后求收藏(詩鼎小說網網m.gzstf.cn),接著再看更方便。
can i get you something to drink?
8. i will show you the way. please follow me.
我來領路,請跟我來。
介紹參觀公司
dialogue
dan is invited to pay a visit to the factory of his potential cooperator.
丹受邀參觀合作客戶的工廠。
manager: thank you for coming today.
經理:感謝您今天的到來。
dan: i have been longing for visiting your factory for a long time.
丹:我早就想來參觀你們的工廠了。
manager: the tour should last about two hours. you need to wear this hard hat. i'll accompany you to take a look around the factory and show you our machines in operation.
經理:整個參觀大概要持續兩個小時。你需要戴上這頂安全帽。我會帶您到處看看,展示一下機器的運行狀況。
dan: that'll be very interesting. how large an area does this plant cover?
丹:那一定很有意思。廠房面積有多大?
manager: it covers an area of 5000 square meters.
經理:它的占地面積有5000平方米。
dan: what time was your factory established?
丹:你們的工廠什么時候建的?
manager: some ten years ago by merging two small-sized ones. the production line is fully automated and computer-controlled.
經理:大約10年前由兩個小規模的工廠合并而成的。我們的生產線都是全自動由電腦控制的。
dan: how do your quality control systems operate?
丹:你們的質量控制系統是怎么運行的?
manager: there're a total of six checks in the whole manufacturing process. all products have to pass strict inspections before they go out.
經理:在整個生產過程中共有6道檢查關。所有的產品在出廠前必須經過嚴格的檢查。
dan: it gave me a good idea of your products. i was very impressed. you have excellent facilities and efficient stuff. if it is not too much trouble, i would like to talk with your general manager.
丹:這讓我對你們的產品有了一個很好的了解,我真是大開眼界了。你們擁有精良的設備和高效率的員工。如果方便的話,我想和你們的總經理談一下。
notes
1. hard hat 安全帽;保守派人士
2. merge [m?:d?] v. 合并,融合,兼并
3. automated ['?:t?umeitid] adj. 自動化的
4. impress [im'pres] n. 印記,印象;特征;v. 使……有印象;影響;傳送
小貼士
1. i can set up a tour next thursday.
我可以安排下周四參觀。
2. are they satisfied with the working conditions?
他們對工作條件滿意嗎?
3. i thoroughly enjoyed the tour of your company. it provided a great insight into the company we will be dealing with.
參觀你們公司讓我非常愉快,它讓我們深入了解了即將與之合作的公司。
4. where can we see your complete lines?
在哪可以看到你們公司全部的樣品種類?
5. to keep up with overwhelming customer response, our company expanded rapidly.
為了適應顧客的熱烈反應,我們迅速發展。
6. would you please tell me your schedule so that we can arrange the visit for you?
請告訴我您的行程,以便我們為您安排參觀。
7. the firm was set up in the early 70s.
公司成立于70年代早期。
8. we shall be pleased to show you some of our electronic products.
我們將很樂意向您展示我們所出售的各類電子產品。
妥善安排宴會
dialogue
tom's company has invited a foreign customer to negotiate the business. his director jim asked him to arrange a lavish buffet to entertain their customer.
湯姆的公司邀請了一位國外的客戶來洽談生意。他的主管吉姆要他安排一個豐盛的自助餐來招待客戶。
jim: hey, guy. i am very glad to see you.
吉姆:嗨,伙計。見到你真是太高興了。
tom: really? can i be of any assistance to you?
湯姆:是嗎?我能為你做點什么?
jim: you know that mr. gates just came to our company to work out a deal with us.we must arrange a dinner to welcome his coming. and i want to take the task to you.
吉姆:你知道的,蓋茨先生剛剛來到我們公司洽談生意。我們要為他接風洗塵,我想把這個任務交給你。
tom: are we going to have a dinner this evening?
湯姆:今晚要舉辦宴會嗎?
jim: a buffet. you should allow for the guest's eating habits and then select appropriate food for him, not only serving yourself.
吉姆:是自助餐宴會。要考慮到客戶的飲食習慣,然后為他挑選合適的食物,而不是根據自己的胃口選擇。
tom: that's a little difficult. can't you give the task to someone else?
湯姆:有點難。你能不能讓別人來做這事兒呢?
jim: no, sorry, i can't. it belongs to you.
吉姆:對不起,不能。非你莫屬。
notes
1. work out 解決,確定;想出;制訂出;計算
2. deal [di:l] n. 協定,交易;大量;v. 應付;處理;交易,經營
3. buffet ['b?fit] n.自助餐,飲食柜臺;打擊;v. 連續猛擊,打擊
4. allow for 考慮到,顧及;為……留出余地
5. banquet ['b??kwit] n. 宴會;v. 參加宴會
小貼士
很多時候,一些談判和商討都是在餐桌上完成的,一頓成功的商務晚餐可以令任何一種商業關系得到鞏固。選定餐廳之前,東道主要先把共餐者對食物和地點的偏好弄清楚,才不至于發生尷尬事件。西方的商務宴客方式主要有:
seated dinners 宴會(較正式,嘉賓每人都有各自固定的席位)
receptions 招待會
buffet dinners 自助餐(也稱冷餐會)
cocktail parties 雞尾酒會(時尚發布會后經常舉辦類似酒會)
some etiquette you can't miss
1. if you don't like what's being served, don't say so.
2. don't put your used napkin on the top of the table.
3. if something that goes into your mouth must come out because it's unchewable, don't spit it out or into the napkin.
4. cut only two or three pieces of meat at a time.
5. signal the servers that you are still eating by placing your fork and knife in an inverted v on your plate from the 10 to 2 o'clock positions.
6. turn cell phones off when at dinner.
不可不知的餐桌禮儀
1. 如果不喜歡餐桌上的食物,也不要說出來。
2. 不要把用過的餐巾放在桌子上面。
3. 吃到難以下咽的東西,也不要吐出來或吐在餐巾紙上。
4. 吃肉時每次最多切成兩到三塊。
5. 如果要提示服務員繼續用餐,把餐叉和小刀放在你盤子上10點到2點鐘的位置成倒v狀。
6. 用餐時把手機關掉。